Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Library 2.0

My library, the amazing and wonderful Kansas City Public Library, is entering the world of Library 2.0. Step one in our version of Library 2.0 is to create a blog. I've been blogging for years over at another site as a personal blog. (Though some library stuff ends up there). I created this last September to be a more professional blog. Fortunately I am able to use it for Library 2.0. It by the way looks really odd to put a period at the end of 2.0 to finish a sentence. From now on I think I will try to avoid using 2.0 at the end of a sentence. I am also one of the people at my branch who is the answer-technical-questions contact for all these fun and exciting things. The only thing on the list I've never done is create a runescape character. I've never done that or any sort of RPG or MMRPG (I am pretty sure I just messed up that acronym), but it should be fun and I'm looking forward to it. It will help me relate to the kids in my library, understand what they're doing, and solidify my geek status.

Now why am I doing Library 2.0?

  1. It is a fun excuse to play with this stuff at work.
  2. I get free stuff for doing so
  3. I'm betting there is more stuff I can learn. I love technology and geeky stuff like this and want to learn more.

No comments: